Aantal uren per week:
The purpose of the role is to ensure consistent and effective messaging across all internal and external communications to relevant stakeholder groups (employees and leadership teams, customers, suppliers, media, politicians and key industry bodies) in Fource.
In addition to this role, the Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing regional projects, aligned to the local needs (Belgium, France and the Netherlands) and to the European strategy and approach.
The Communications Manager will be part of the regional communication’s team reporting to the Regional Head of Communications and will be located in the Netherlands.
- Establish an internal communications plan in cooperation with the Regional Head of Communications and senior managers.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin and internal presentations. You may also be required to work on the layout of content.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Investigate and ensure the use of social media and other digital tools that are used to communicate with staff internally.
- Handle the internal communications response to crisis situations which affects organizational perception and reputation.
- Draft messages or scripts for senior executives for presentation to employees both written and spoken.
- Deliver communication excellence:
- Keep (internal) clients abreast of progress and answer their questions.
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communication content accordingly.
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative team of art directors and designers.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization.
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
- Development of the external communication plan (PR, social media and CSR) and ensuring its application throughout the year in close collaboration with all key stakeholder’s groups – customers, suppliers, media, politicians and key industry bodies.
- Manage and enhance the corporate brand, image and reputation.
- Definition and management of all external communication projects on a market level.
- Provide crisis management support to the business, relevant functions and teams.
- Strong alignment with regulatory affairs and corporate affairs to ensure that the key topics are amplified across all external communication.
- Write, edit and distribute content, including press releases (pro - active and reactive), customer success and newsroom stories, presentations, newsletters, advertorials, speeches and hosting media round tables.
- Ensure all stakeholders/spokespeople act in compliance with group media relations policy.
- Produce business-relevant content in cooperation with key stakeholders in the organization, including creating appealing presentation formats.
- Ensure external communication messages correspond to internal communication messages.
- Adapt content to specific target audiences, including senior management, direct customers and indirect customers, such as brand owners and retailers.
- Generate ideas for catchy content illustration.
KEY AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- University degree with a specialization in communication, public relations, journalism and/or business.
- Experience in a communication team for an international organization.
- General journalistic or content marketing experience is beneficial.
- Track record in management of complex projects and advising senior managers is favorable.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees including writing for a variety of different audiences.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with other departments in a multicultural environment.
- Confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communications techniques.
- Familiarity with information technology, especially profound know-how in digital and video as a mean of communication, is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch, French and English.
- Sensitivity to the organization’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees.
- Creative ability to devise communication strategies.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and a self-starter with the ability to set priorities and a high level of result orientation.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and complex matrix environment.
- Personal resilience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging role within a strong international organization, based in the Netherlands.
- A competitive salary package, completed by fringe benefits.
- The possibility to develop yourself within the organization, to follow trainings and courses in your field of expertise.
- Great colleagues that are there to support and help each other in order to achieve the company’s goals.